Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Child Support & Restraining Oder ??

If I sued my ex for child support does he still have visitation rights? What if he'll be moving to a different state? Can I put a restraining order on him for threats? He's hit me before, but I did not press charges at that time. But when he's angry he threatens me or says that "someone else" can hit me for him. He also thinks I am dating someone else & threatens to beat "the person I'm dating" close to death. What can I do? Help!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • child support and visitation are two different issues, restraining order is a 3rd. you have to be able to PROVE that he has threatened you, not just walk into court and say it.
    Yes, if he is the father and you can not prove that he poses a threat to the CHILD, then he has rights to visitation. Even if he lives in another state.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Child support & visitation are two completely separate issues. If he does pay child support, he can bring you to court and fight for visitation. As far as the restraining order, you need to have strong, valid proof of his threats (phone calls, text messages, emails, witnesses). You may be able to get a restraining order for yourself, but unless you can prove that he is an actual threat to the child, then he can still get visitation. As far as him living in another state, that has nothing to do with anything.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.