Epiduarl?

I was told that if you are running a fever that you could not have an epidural. I was wondering if the goes for if you sick. Due any day now and came down with a nasty cold I have no fever so far just wondering if I will be able to get one when the time come.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 12:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm due any day now & I've been very sick for 2 weeks now. I was just at the doctors and we talked about pain relief, where I made if more than clear I wanted an epidural... They said great, marked it in my chart and never said a word about needing to be healthy first...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have never heard of that.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• hmm ive never heard that! good luck tho!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My midwife mentioned that. I don't know whether your OB would allow it or not. Make a call or mention it at your visit

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thanks! Somebody told it happen to them and it just got me worried
    nicjon

Comment by nicjon (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yeah if u have no fever you should be fine. the one thing i'd worry about is if ur still sick on the day u give birth i dont know how much time they'll allow u to have with ur baby at a time because my sister had a cold when i delivered my son and they made her stay away from him for at least two weeks.
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 12:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think it is a little diffrent when it is you than someone else. I had a cold when I delivered so did DH and I was induced. DH and I had bad colds. I got an epidural and they let me hold my baby and they let DH hold the baby as well. I had the baby most of the time they didn't say anything about us having a cold. They even let my SIL in there to and she had a cold I didn't agree with that though cause on the papers it says not to come if you are sick and you couldn't see the baby if you were sick and she came. The baby however did get the flu that lasted a few days when I brought her home from the hospital probably from all the germs. So I would limit if not yourself at least visiters that are sick.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010