I regret voting for Obama and am just curious... a "what if" question.....

Well I'm from Florida and I voted early for Obama, but I regret it. (I guess I just finally used my brain.)

I was just wondering if Florida loses by a single vote, and Florida is the tie breaker between the candidates, can I somehow retract my vote or whatever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Sorry to say, once your vote is cast it's a done deal.

The election will be very tight, but I don't think it will be decided by a single vote in any one state. Early voting is nice, in that you can avoid the poll lines and this year I did absentee because we're away from our home/precinct. But, stuff can happen between the time that you cast your vote and the actual election day and that's just something you have to accept.

At least you exercised your right to vote...that's more than a lot of people will be able to say after the day is done!
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 10:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Just curious....

Why do you regret voting for Obama? What changed your mind?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Uh no....if your gonna get all flippy floppy on your vote, how do you know what you really want? Are you sure you understand how important this is? Sorry to sound so blunt, but maybe you should keep this experience in mind for 4 years from now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Every coalminer or coal related employee in Ohio, PA, and WV, KY that voted early for him with the Coal Union's Presidential endorsement of Obama is regretting that early vote too.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You are the reason why Obama was pushing for early voting. He knew that his euphoric rhetoric would have you vote for him in a period of that euphoria. Then when you found out who he really is and what he really stands for, because of infamous October surprises and because in the end of the election campaigning, many things come out, that you truly wouldn't vote for him. Obama know that there is a TON of evidence against Obama and before this all was leaked he wanted you to early vote in emotion!! Now you know next time......don't vote early, get ALL the facts, and don't just believe rhetoric!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 10:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• akin, i know you're going to believe whatever you want to believe no matter how much evidence is provided to the contrary but really, you need to let this coal thing go.
    he was NOT talking about coal miners he was referring to clean coal technology--you know, burning coal as a gas/electric alternative. HE WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT COAL MINERS, no matter how much you'd like to believe otherwise.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i mean, i get it, this is one last ditch attempt at getting people to vote for your candidate. it's just too bad that once again, the actual facts do not add up with outlandish claims.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I voted early for Obama, but I regret it

sure you did, anonymous troll, sure you did.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Repubs know that they do better when less of the populace votes. Turnout is huge this year. THAT'S the reason for early voting.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Seems like this is maybe a McCain voter trying to get Obama voters to change thier minds. The sand in the hourglass is running thin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008