Is anyone getting help this christmas??

Can you not affored anything this xmas is someone helping out? Who? salvation army, school, a friend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• My friend is registered with her town's Secret Santa
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I wish. The only thing around here only gives out really cheap crap. I would honestly rather get my kids nothing then what they give out. I will do all of my Christmas shopping at good will and big lots. My parents always give the kids nice gifts anyway.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We're just getting what we can and focusing on the true meaning of Christmas.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't take the help.

Christmas is about generosity of spirit, to me --not stuff. If I can't afford 'stuff', that's fine because I can always afford real generosity --doing things, expressing my appreciation, and kindness, which are free.

I don't want the food, specifically... we have to eat anyhow, and I know that 'more effort' is what makes festive, not specific ingredients.

One family I ran into recently has a completely other approach (from normal) for gifts: they start making their gift list in about August and by Christmas the kids are nearly exploding in anticipation of how their gifts will be received. They plot, brainstorm and scheme behind the scenes to create and deliver a personal, thoughtful and meaningful gift. Brilliant!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I guess ashishamom forgot that it's the thought that counts.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 1:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'd rather my family go without presents than ask for help. Besides presents are nice, but their not of major importance when you think of the real reason for the season.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• no just cutting back on the amount of gifts
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010