Morning sickness ):

I am in my second pregnancy right now, and I seem to be experiencing more morning/evening sickness than I did in my first. Any ideas on how I can ease the nausea? Its making it impossible for me to work and I really cannot take a dip in my check :-/.

AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Asked by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 12:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Crackers, bananas, and toast are good things to eat when you feel sick.
    I experienced bad morning sickness with all of my pregnancies, and had to get a script from my doctor for Zofran. That medicine saved my life, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know how you feel am 30 weeks along with my second, and I still have morning sickness :( good thing I only have ten weeks left, its wierd but what helps me is a glass of chocolate milk, lol and some toaste. Its different for every women tho, last pregnancy I drank alot of sprite to help with my morning sickness, and could not drink milk. And it helps to have some kind of cracker thats right next to your bed, so right before you get up, eat a couple, that helps me to :) well hope you can find something that will work for you
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 12:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• you may have to be prescribed zofran or fenergan i was mine was horrible until i delivered ugh.
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 12:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• well ive noticed that if i eat soups and drink milk or water it goes away a bit, but i cant stomach anything else really. it sucks! i hate the feeling of nausea and most of the time i dry heave instead of throwing up and that hurts worse in my mind. does zofran make u drowsy?
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Comment by AmberLeTTeBxtcH (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• ginger products are supposed to help nausea. ginger ale, ginger root, gingerbread, etc. i had it bad with my 3rd, the smell of cigarette smoke sent me running to the bathroom.. the only thing that eased it up was a nice cold glass of ginger ale, and it had to be fresh and not stale, i think the carbonation helped. also try taking your vitamins at night, the high iron in them causes nausea for some women.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• no the zofran wont but mine was so bad i had to have the fenergan and it does make you drowsy. i even had to be hospitalized for dehydration horrible. good luck
    columbria

Answer by columbria at 1:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i agree with columbria...i had to be prescribed something so i could actually hold something down...
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 1:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Protein. I know it sounds crazy and to be honest, protein packed foods are the last things you want when you are nauseous but it works. IDK why. Just a bite or two of egg or grilled chicken or a spoon full of peanut butter will help. My aunt told me this one and she was right, she shoudl be though since she's a midwife.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010