If Obama doesn't win...

what do you think is going to happen in Grant Park tonight? I don't need answers like " thats not going to happen.." I just want to know what others think might happen with a crowd of 2 million angry people, all in one place. Also, do you think its presumptuous of Obama to have a party to this magnitude?

barrettboys

Asked by barrettboys at 10:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I think, sadly, he's going to win.

But its kind of prejudicial to assume there would be riots, etc. There's never been riots when a democratic candidate hasn't won before, why would there be now?

Go McCain!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• "But its kind of prejudicial to assume there would be riots, etc. There's never been riots when a democratic candidate hasn't won before, why would there be now?"

Agreed. It sounds like you have something against him, OP. He has all the right in the world to plan something like that and there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No clue.

I don't think there'd be riots, just a lot of people who felt passionately about his campaign that would be disappointed. Just like if McCain doesn't win. There'll be a lot of people who felt passionately about his campaign that would be disappointed.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 10:36 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think that it is VERY presumptuous!! How arrogant!! Unless Obama knows that all of his support and contributions for ACORN fraudulently votes him in! I think that there will be riots no matter what the outcome! Obama has created such hate and division in our nation that it is unprecedented! In the Obama loss their angry vicious supporters during the election will be even more so after a loss!! Praying for a McCain victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If he doesn't win, then I don't think anything major is going to happen. There'll just be a park full of disappointed people. I hate when I hear "Oh, there's going to be riots either way." Whatever. That's just ignorance. And I'm not even voting for him!

purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Oh Lord, I have a lot against him but that has nothing to do with race. Not once did I say there where going to be riots. I was just sitting here watching the news coverage on the party, and wondered what would happen if he did lose. jeez.

I do worry, cause I live in Chicago, and I was here when the Bulls won years ago, and saw the damage people caused for being happy. I was wondering what might happen with 2 million pissed of people all in one place.

barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The city of Memphis has every law enforcement officer working today and all surrounding suburban areas. Gee, I wonder why? They don't do that for Beale St. parties, New Years, or even the BBQ competitions in May.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• "The city of Memphis has every law enforcement officer working today"

Oh lord, Tennessee must be a scary place today since that skinhead stuff went down :(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• mmmm...Memphis in May.....yummm..
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thinking I have said this twice, maybe 3 times already, I have personally heard groups of blacks saying out loud downtown, that if Obama loses our city will burn. ( Columbus, OH) Being of Puerto Rican decent they think I am "down" with what they are saying and have no problems saying it to me like I am going to agree with them or something. Why would I want my own city or Apartment building to burn down?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008