breastfeeding

my son will b 23 months old by the time my 2nd son arrives i was wondering what is it i can start doing now to get him prepared for the new arrival and getting use 2 not always coming 2 mommy but go to daddy n sissy when he needs or wants?
im 22 weeks 1 day along now and im due in march2011

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure what it has to do w/breastfeeding but...read books to him about babies and new siblings. Talk to him about it. Have him start going to his dad for more stuff now so when the new baby comes he doesn't feel like the new baby is taking away his mommy.
    Congrats on your new addition!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Are you still nursing him? Are you worried he won't understand why the new baby is sharing his food?

cheeky has the right idea.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Planning to tandem?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I just realized not one of my children were jealous with a newborn. I know what I did was kept the kids involved. When I was expecting my 2nd son my oldest would sing and talk to my belly. He would even say goodnight and when he was born he was involved like helping change diapers and baths. After my 2nd boy was born we had a daughter 17months later and it was the same thing. Although the youngest boy was only 17months he wanted to help. We taught him to be very gentle and kind and he always was. With the youngest my oldest sons were 10,5,and my daughter was 4 and they were lifesavers the best help yet, so my advice is keep them all involved and show them that this new baby is apart of your new family.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010