kitchen set

my son loves to watchme cook, hes 19 months old and he always wants to b in the kitchen with me, today i caughthim pulling down the oven door n climb on it with a pot, it scared the crap outta me n i went out n bought another baby gate, so i am considering buying him his own kitchen set ... my sister says hes a boy n boys dont play on kitchens n his dad is having a fit bout me buying 1 but seriously i am really ready 2 go out n buy 1 ... what do u guys think? and if so what kind do u suggest?

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 year old son plays with his older sister's kitchen set all the time. It has been a huge hit with him! He also loves her Littlest Pet Shops and her Barbie house. I'm glad my husband is secure enough with himself not to let it bother him! We bought hers when she was 3, and that was 6 years ago so I doubt they still have the same ones out so I can't help you there.

Answer by missanc at 1:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Buy him the kitchen. My boys LOVE playing in toy kitchens even now that they are 4. My only advice is to get one of the really nice step 2 kitchens that he can grow into. We got a smaller kitchen, and though they loved it and played with it often, they grew out of it quickly.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We bought my son a kitchen, and he loves it. There are many that are 'neutral' (not pink and look like real kitchens) out there, if you're worry that someone would say something about it being girly--but who cares if they like it. Boys like to pretend play too. We have this Step 2 Lifestyle New Traditions set, but I think it was closer to $90 or $100 when I got it, so check around on prices. I like the details of the stickers, the microwave and stove top makes cooking sounds, and this one is smaller than some of the more expensive ones out there, so it takes up less space which is good for a small room. We have some toy foods and plates, and he loves to set the table with them and tell us 'It's EAT TIME, time to eat!'. LOL

Step 2 Lifestyle Traditions Kitchen
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My 2.5 yr old has his own kitchen...he is the only child so its his not a sisters or cousins. Boys can be chefs My DS loves it...I put it in the dinning room close to the kitchen where i cook and he imitates me with out it getting dangerous with him trying to use the real stove. Its a great boding experience for you and your son. Dont let hubby try to squash the little ones curiosity and interest.
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• the kichen is the best thing. the 2step lifestyle kitchen is$79 at walmart. i just got it for my little girl for christmas. its such a great thing to have them pretend play.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010