I'm in a funk and can't get out!

The holidays are coming and I need to get out of this funk. The root: I quit a job I loved to take care of my mom and my sister finally stepped up to the plate and moved her in with her 3 hours away. Now I'm out of work, sitting at home waiting for the holidays to come and go. They won't be the same any more. I can't get my old job back and I'm afraid I won't be able to find a better one after the holidays.

marihand

Asked by marihand at 1:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• I hear you, I have been in a funk lately too...different circumstances, just the same funk. I have been reading self help books and remembering that I am worth it. I have a home business, and being in a funk is not a good thing....tough to bring people on board when funks happen. Good thing I have leveraged my time and my business continues to grow.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 1:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why would you wait until after the holidays to get a job? What is it about 'after the holidays'? Since it's still nearly 6 weeks until the holidays, why aren't you looking now?

If you spend enough time sitting still worrying about what might happen in 3 months, you'll certainly be sitting in exactly the same position in 4 months. Do something else.

It doesn't matter what, it just matters that you do. Take a step of any kind in any direction, and while all the voices are screaming at you in your head that there is no point, that you have no hope, that it won't matter, take another step.

You will never be 'in the mood' to do what it takes to achieve anything, although I suspect you'll find that you're already in the mood to have achieved it. Be kind to a stranger: do something today that will enable the You of Your Future achieve something.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Hmm, that first answer is just screaming HEY! I WORK FROM HOME! ASK ME FOR INFO BUT I DONT WANT TO SEEM AS IF IM SELF PROMOTING!
    Anonymous

• the reasoning for after the holidays is because the kids have so much time off, I don't want to have to worry about what to do with them. There's no family nearby any more.
    marihand

Comment by marihand (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• make the time with the kids fun. take them to the park go rollerskating have a picnic, you dont need a holiday to get out of a funk
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 4:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I also think it's a good idea to look into a work from home opportunity. I became a Rep with a company in the health and wellness industry a little over a year ago and I wish I had done it sooner.
    www.mywellnesgirl.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 10:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010