How do you move on after 15 years of marriage and a 2 year old?

mykidzfirst2

Asked by mykidzfirst2 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I was married 17yrs an running a special needs day care out of our home. When my husband starting talking about a women who was preg at work an she needed a sitter when her baby came.I didnt think it was healthy for her baby was normal.But I agreed to watch the baby any way.11 Mths later after keeping the baby all day ever day an all night.So the mother could work midnight shift.SHe got this child maybe two hours a day.I had gotten very attached.TO FIND OUT IT WAS HIS BABY>So yes you can pick your self up dust your self off.look your self in the mirror an say IM BETTER than that an I DESERVE BETTER.MOVE ON there is some one out there for you to love you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Anon 9:52...well, I think you win the my ex-husband is an ass award! OMG!

OP - I haven't had to move on after a divorce, but after so many years, I'm certain that your identity is very wrapped up in your husband and your marriage. First and formost, take care of those babies, but in the meantime you have to find out who you are and what you want from life. Give yourself permission and time to grieve the loss of the life you dreamed of and the marriage you invested in.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Slowly..Day by day..

Answer by louise2 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I haven't went thru this but i did go thru a separation with my hubby. it was very hard but i have always been told "keep ur head up when the world gets the best of u" its hard to do but u have to be strong for that baby. even if ya cant work out as a couple maybe you can work them out as friends. the biggest thing is trying to figure out who u are, and what u want out of life.. i know that its very hard thing to do but you can make. there are women that do it every day out there. u deserve better. there is someone out there for everyone and u may have thought u found that one but maybe there is a reason for what happened so u can find someone better like u deserve
    blueeyed4505

Answer by blueeyed4505 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I don't know how to after 5 years and two kids! Just keep loving your kid they can help you threw anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Prayer baby girl. Support groups. Check your local churches. Start getting active.
    txngirl1230

Answer by txngirl1230 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008