lump on cervix? adult content

i felt a lump on my cervix earlier this week and was wondering if any one else has had this issue... im kinda worried because well its a lump where i have not had one before... i have one kiddo and my periods are pretty regular... i dont bleed inbetween... i seem to have a lot more mucous though than normal... sometimes i get pain in my abdomen but not sure what it is... i know this question might make some ppl uncomfortable but im a little worried. i think i may make an appt for next week to go in and get it checked out i just want to see if anyone else had this problem

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• I don't know , but yeah make that dr. appt. Hope everything is ok:)
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I didn't know one could feel their own cervix. I wish I was that flexible. I would make an appointment ASAP.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 1:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's great that you are so in tune with your body. Hope all goes well with your appointment.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You are better off making an appointment as soon as possible. Hope everything is okay.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you take birth control, that could explain it. My doc sent me for a 2nd opinion and apparently with oral BC it's common to have more mucus and stuff, it could just be a benign cyst
    Not.So.Virginal

Answer by Not.So.Virginal at 3:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• lmao you cant feel your own cervix. Its passed the vagina which is several inches up. Do you stick your entire hand up there? You probably mean your vagina and this is usually just fragments of the hymen. I used to freak out look at my vag in a mirror all until i asked my obgyn. I had horrible thoughts thinking it was cancer one day possible hpv but it was just hymen pieces lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• it is a shallow vag... and yes you can look it up
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010