how did you get your munchkin to sleep in their crib or bassinet?

my daughter will only sleep with me or in her carseat.

Babybear89

Asked by Babybear89 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I want my babe to sleep away from me I put him to sleep and then lay him down. When my older son wouldn't let me lay him down, I'd crawl into the crib with him, put him to sleep and then crawl out. Some phases are worse than others for solitary sleeping.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I kept putting them down in their crib, rather than taking them into bed with me or putting them in their swing, etc. I would rock them until they were very drowsy and then lay them down awake. They would fuss for a few minutes, but then go to sleep. I did this from birth, so it helped that they learned to soothe themselves to sleep while they were still in that newborn very sleepy stage. If they did happen to fuss for more than a few minutes or start crying hard, I would pick them up, comfort them, then as they were about to fall asleep I would lay them back down. It took a lot more time and energy in the beginning but it definitely paid off - all 5 of mine slept in their own cribs in their own rooms, through the night at least 8 hours, by 2 months of age.

Answer by missanc at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• you have to realize the crb is where they belong.if u start co sleeping it willl be hard to get them n a crib later on a crib is best in my opinion cosleepings very risky
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 5:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my son usually refused. there were a couple times id get him to fall asleep in my lap swaddled in his blanky and i had to put him in the crib softly so he wouldnt notice. also my friend got me this bascinet that had a removable piece on it that played a heart beat sound and vibrated it helped him sleep a lot
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 3:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I was looking for advice not critisism for co sleeping. I don't see a problem with it women did so for centuries babies did fine.
    Moving on thank you all for the actual advice for getting baby in her crib.
    Babybear89

Comment by Babybear89 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010