Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is it wrong?

My soon to be ex is the father to my 4 year old son William. The thing is my ex is never around anymore. Is it wrong that I see someone and have fun with this friend?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (15)
  • Go for it

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • His friend? IMO, I wouldn't. He isn't even your ex yet. If you do see this friend. I wouldn't bring him around your child just yet.


    Answer by Christine0813 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Not adequate information to form a knowledgable response.
    But at the base of this ? Is it wrong to "see someone" while still married? Yes. And as the "ex" is defined as "soon to be", that means still married. "Have fun with a friend" - well, seeing someone and having a friend are two different things ... and "have fun" is means different things to different people.

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • I think it's totally inappropriate. You are still married right? And to start "seeing and having fun" with his friend is weird! Never understood why women do this and not think anything of it. IMO

    Answer by mamaada at 1:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • If you are legally separated you can without it being held against you.


    Answer by Shines3 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Well to some parts of the gov I'm not married. The state cant fine him and his never coming back so what do i do?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Oh, I'm sorry! Move on with your life then! Hope you find happiness!

    Answer by mamaada at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • 1. Stop jumping down OP's throat about 'his friend'. If you read it correctly it says 'this friend'.
    2. She's a grown ass woman, she should be able to have fun if she wants to.

    Answer by Nanixh at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Are u just waiting for ur divorce to be finalized? because I think in some states after a certain period of time and they cant find him to sign the papers they just grant you a divorce without his permission or something. But I say sure, if hes up and disappeared why should u have to be tied down to waiting for him? I say go out and enjoy urself but put up some boundries. I wouldnt go jumping into bed with anyone soon or have anyone meeting my child. but hanging out, going to see movies and such there isnt anything wrong with that.

    Answer by SweetPoison at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • the friend is not his friend. The friend is my friend from a class that i'm taking at college

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.