Speaking of the Duggers family.......

Am I wrong.........but have the girls, OR the MOM.... EVER worn jeans or shorts on that show?

I've never really watched it but a few clips here and there and I swear the girls/women all wear dresses.

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 1:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Is it part of their religion? i know some religions are strict about women wearing dresses/skirts.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The females don't wear pants, no. Really, not ever.

Just like how in most families the boys have never worn skirts or dresses, really, no, not ever.

It only seems weird because we mostly live here and now and think (quite irrationally, I think) that here and now is 'normal.' There have been lots of times in history --and lots of places currently in the world-- where what people 'normally' wear is remarkably different from what take for granted as natural and obvious. 50 years ago, all the women and girls wore hats and gloves 100% of the time they spent outside of homes and not long before that they'd be wearing hats and gloves 100% of the time they weren't in their own homes.

Normal changes.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• They dont dance either...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I believe it is part of their religion that they do not wear shorts. It is a modesty thing. They choose to wear long sleeves and long skirts. I know that their clothing must cover up so much of their chest as well. Seems kind of boring, yet in a way it's refreshing to not see teen girls dressed like hussies. I just hope the Duggar girls aren't being stifled.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't mind that they don't wear pants.....or jeans. I understand that it is their religion and respect that. I did not know if they ever had an OFF day where they did wear jeans or shorts.

I think their kids are pretty much well behaved and respectable for the most part and like all of us..have their moments. What we think might not BE normal....it is for them, it is the way they choose to live and to be. I think they would be great to get to know. Id need a list of names with a photo chart to remember them all.......but they live life the way they want, an dont care how the other part of society lives.

Times sure have changed! You are right about that LindaClement......the 40's and 50's were great era's. The way we dress, and think and live has changed.

Not many JUNE CLEVERS are left out there. I think Martha Stewart is like the June of today. So creative. And a home maker.

Times sure have changed.......

LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think they are on DEMAND on Comcast.....I'm gonna have to make a marathon this weekend and watch a few shows! LOL

I don't have a daughter but I would hope she would dress respectable when out and about in public.

Kinda glad I have a son! LOL As long as he keeps his PANTS OFF THE GROUND! LOL he is 6 !
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No there do not wear shorts or pants. I even think the boys do not wear shorts as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• They don't wear pants, at all, not even pajama pants. They don't believe that a women should be in "apparel that pertains to a man" like pants, shorts, etc. The boys don't wear shorts either, because they believe that you shouldn't show your legs off. It is definitely their religious beliefs that keep them from wearing pants. To each their own, right? =)
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• all they wear is dresses. but i believe the mother has mentioned they are not forced. if the girls wanted to wear pants they could on their own (but in their family who is going to go against the grain!?)...
    the boys do not wear shorts for modest reasons as well and they do not wear bathingsuits but "modestwear" when they are in the pool.

i say good for them. The duggars make pretty kids & they dont have to show skin to prove it..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yup, they don't wear pants or shorts or even short dresses. OH, The son who became a father a while ago is having another child with his wife.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010