When you want some interaction but don't really want friends..............?

I normally am a keep to myself person and do not feel the need for close friend but there are times like today where I would love the interaction with other people and to have a conversation about something with someone. Currently am not in our home area due to DH's job (we travel with it) and do not have access to church/school groups etc... There are not many other wives along with husbands and the few that are here create way too much drama for me. I like to keep DH's work life separate from our private life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I actually live in a town named "Hermitage" My husband teases me and says it certainly reflects who I have become. I believe that some of it for me is age. I'm 59. I'm really over all the drama. I still have plenty of people that I can call "friends" but I limit the time that I spend with them. I have stopped attending church because it just takes way too much energy to "fellowship" There are downsides that come with the choices I make to not cultivate daily nurturing relationships. One of them is that, of course I'm not going to have a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen to me at the moment that I may desparately need one. At least not one that can give me personal perspective. At those moments, I have to remind myself that being alone was a choice that I consciously made.
    I usually remind myself why I made that choice and whether it's still valid or whether I need to rethink it.
    Brighten

Answer by Brighten at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You become a hermit like me and spend most of your communicating online. There are days when I need people too. Today is the 22nd anniversary of my mother's death and I want to speak face to face with someone about it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I am with you. I dont want long term know my business friends. It ALWAYS causes some type of drama. Especially when it comes to my husbands job or thier mans job...i just want to talk about stuff without really needing you to know my business
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 1:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know how you feel. I'm the same way.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 2:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know how you feel as well. I would suggest maybe talking on the phone with someone. It helps me sometimes. People generally suck, because of to much drama. I guess thats why I dont have many friends. Good luck.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Through the years for one reason or another, I've done away with most my so called friends so now I have one that my husband hates and thinks is unattractive which suits me just fine.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010