If I buy a toy for one kid, should I also have to for the other?

Just wondering if whenever you other mommies buy something for your child if you buy something for all your other children at the same time

Amber1986x

Asked by Amber1986x at 2:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes cause then there will be some jealousy there
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes, I have two kids and I would never buy one child something while the other just got to sit and watch them play with it.
    IheartArianna07

Answer by IheartArianna07 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No. I just say 'next time I will get you something. I was ___ turn this time.' No issues as of yet. They are 3 and 6.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My children only got extra things bought for them at their birthdays or christmas. Otherwise anything bought was for everyone.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Absolutely not. My kids don't get jealous because they know if I see something I think they will like then I'll get it for them. If you go down that road you're setting yourself up.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Nope. The kids know that sometimes I'll get something for one and not the others. It balances out! It's important for kids to know that they aren't always going to get something.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• not every time....my ds is only one though so he dosen't know what's going on
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Whenever I buy something, I have to buy 3. I have 3 kids and I can't just buy something for one. There are obvious exceptions but if you're just buying a little gift for one, you need to buy for all.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• when young i did but as get older their needs are different so one may get something they need now and the other whenthey need something
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 2:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If they are both with you then yes, but if only on goes to the store with you then it is ok to get just them a small thing
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010