Does anyone have a nuddy toddler?

I swear my l/o loves to be in the nude. I have gotten her to at least wear underware now, but it's getting to be winter, and well I hate for her to get any colds or anything. I try to keep the house around 74-78 just so she wont be cold. She's always running around though. I know it can't be because she's over dressed, I try to keep her in t-shirts and cotton pants just so she'll be light and airy during these months. It's just crazy I can't keep anything on her. I tried saying that she has to cover he boobies, and things, but she just doesn't want anything to do with clothes.

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 2:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 3.5. He runs around nude as much as possible. I do not make a big deal about it unless I know we are going to have company. I actually think he knows when to be modest bc we had company with 3 kids around his age and he did not strip at all which I was so surprised. As soon as they left 2 days later he started back. I am guessing he feels comfortable at home so why make a big deal. As long as he knows what is appropriate in public that is what is important. Also, he never sees us naked unless on accident if he comes barging in while changing clothes or something. I think when he gets a little bigger he might be more body conscious in front of anyone. For your little girl, it sounds like she will grow out of it too. The more you make a big deal the longer it will take. I have turned the temp down too but it does not matter..and he has never gotten sick from being nude. I do try to keep his undies on though. Good luck!
    meg4763

Answer by meg4763 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If your house is so warm, she doesn't have much motivation to wear clothing. If the house were cooler, then she would. I keep reading that being cool does not contribute to catching colds, but I am like you in that I suspect there is some connection. Anyway, I'd suggest letting the house cool down a bit. If nothing else it will get her more used to being cooler, since most places aren't that warm in the winter.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my son never like nothing on his feet since birth he cried when i put socks on him now at one it a struggle to put his shoe on and he take them off as soon as he can
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You don't catch a cold from being cold. You catch a cold from coming in contact with a germ. Put the house at the correct temp. If she is cold she'll put some clothes on.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I try not to make a big deal out of it, but when we are going somewhere it's a little hecktic. We was in the car the other day and she was in her car seat locked up, and she somehow got her clothes off through she never got out of her seat, never unsnapped it, nothing! Crazy kid! lol!
    b_stotka

Comment by b_stotka (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010