Would you adopt a child from foster care?

Focus on the Family has a program called "Wait No More" with the goal of reducing the number of children in the foster care system.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Adoption

• I would, could and did adopt children from foster care. A set of identical twin girls and a baby boy. I am the luckiest mom in the world and I could not possibly be more proud of my kids.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 8:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• im not sure until i was in that situation....but my aunt has adopted 6 kids that she took care of in foster care. And she wants more =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have adopted through foster care. It is not an experience for everyone. I would do it again.
    GBsMom

Answer by GBsMom at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think it's a great idea... The sad thing is that kids in foster care are usually not newborns, and that's all a lot of adoptive parents are looking for.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Absolutely, yes! I would love to foster someday and adopt.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes i wouldand tried had the child in my care then due to red tape didnt happen
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 2:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would if I had a bigger house and better income.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My ex husband was a foster baby. His birth mom was a drug addict and he was see -thru at birth weighing just one pound. Anyways he was fostered and adopted by his parents. They have taken in dozens of fostered kids over the years with different birth defects and mental illnesses. I honestly don't think I could do it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would be open to adopting a foster child. The only draw back is that most kids are older and they have been to different homes already due to their behavior problems and most kids are not easily able to change their ways that easily. I'm actually thinking about it now because my niece is in foster care and she is 15. She has had some behaviorial issues such as having sex, stealing, and other things. I'm weighing now if I want to go through the inconvenience of dealing with all these issues with her since all my children are now grown and I have grandkids now that I can mold good manners and behaviors into. What do you guys think?
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• There's alot to consider when fostering so I guess I'd be hesitant to say absolutely yes.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010