my husband a computer that he will not give me permission to get on this has been going on for five years what is really going on.

sherry2680

Asked by sherry2680 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• He may not want anyone else exposing his computer to malware, viruses, etc, or messing with his settings. As long as you have a computer that you can use, then it's fine. If he won't let you have a computer, or use one, then it's time for you to get one.

Answer by Bmat at 2:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't use my SO's mac or desktop AT ALL. Period. they're his, I have no reason to use them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Unless the computer is one issued by work that would be a problem for me. Why the lack of trust? My husband has often had laptops that are issued through work. I understand that. His personal computer that is 'untouchable' to his wife reeks of something to hide to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• your question is not written in a way that it can be understood to me..
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 2:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• To clarify: I have a computer that is designated MINE. He has one designated his. I never get on his computer because I have no need. From time to time he is on mine to fix something but not for just being on. My point is we choose not to use the others computer...but it is NOT as if we are locked out of one anothers PC. His government laptop different story. It is for work, not my business..plus there is classified stuff and all. Even if there wasn't classified stuff..it's not my business.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Everyone uses my computer but I don't allow anybody to download or install anything. Maybe he enjoys keeping his comp just the way he likes it and not having to worry about viruses and such. I wish I could keep everybody off mine. But.....
    The fact that he won't even let you look at it is strange. What other signs do you have that he may be doing something less than honest?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why don't you ask him? We can all guess why all day long but what's the point?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would wonder why?  Caught my DH cheating twice and he was caught because of stuff on the computer.

christinato

Answer by christinato at 2:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• 5 yrs is a long time
    has this conversation EVER come up?
    either he has his won computer
    or
    he has a reason he does not want you on

no way to know with info given
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• im too "open door" for that to happen...Me & my husband openly share passwords because there is nothing to hide.. If there is nothing to hide then there is nothing to search for.. locking things up only make you wonder & question..

If its for security reasons because of work that is something else & is understandable.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010