I can't deal with my 13 yr old anymore, what do I do?

Who can I call? I have a 13 yr old who is completely rebellious and dangerous. I'm afrail for my other children. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If you are completely serious, you could call your county's social service dept and they will tell you where to proceed.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My friend is having issues with her 11 & 14 yr olds. She has brought them to the Sheriff's station for "scared straight" type talks. She has them seeing a therapist and drug counselor once a week. See what programs are available in your area for kids. Maybe the school or doctor's office has ideas.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would talk to your family dr has well they should be able to guide you.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 2:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• How in the world they he/she get so out of control??? did you ever have authority?

Answer by older at 5:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes, we did. Once she started middle school it began and now she is completely out of control.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm a full believer in dungeons, shackles and mouth straps. Selling them is always another option.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You can send your 13 year old to a school for troubled teens. If you are afraid for your other children, you have to do something because if your 13 year old hurts them YOU could be the one in trouble, it is considered child abuse to allow a sibling to hurt another sibling.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Have you had her evaluated for a mental illness? Is she taking drugs? Using alcohol? Is she hanging out with a "bad" crowd? Get her evaluated, talk to the school counselor. She is your CHILD and shouldn't be given up on because she is having issues. Have your tried talking to her about what is going on in her life? Is someone hurting her? Keep an open mind and maybe it will work out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well from experience just hold on and hang in my friend, it may be awhile. I have a son 33 and daughter 30 as well as a son 16. So I have a black belt in teenager....it sucks. I would advise you do deal with your issues at home and not in the system, the system is corrupt it is not there to serve you and your family needs. Puberty sucks for all of us! Hold your ground and show tons of love and interest. Remember when she was two and impossible? well it's kinda the same now except she's bigger. Listen and learn. She may trying to get your attention.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Afraid for the others? That is SOOO not good!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take him for a tour of a jail, maybe that will scare him.
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010