Propositioned?

I had a guy from school basically proposition me on FB a couple weeks ago. I kind of blew him off and told him no way but he still keeps bugging me. I even asked him what prompted him to even think I would be interested and it was no real reason. He is married with kids and so am I, so I am not sure why he thought I would even entertain the idea. Yeah we chitchatted a couple times but nothing serious because our kids are in the same school so it was basically about our kids, then outta the blue he said we should hook up. I told him NOT a good idea at all and I have been avoiding him and deleted him, but he seems to keep surfacing. Why would he think it was okay to suggest that? I wonder if I conveyed something or if he is just a dog of all dogs? Guess it bothers me a bit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• He's an asshole. Next time he resurfaces tell him that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'd send the messages to his wife....
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I vote for the "ShouldHaveLeft" answer... Accept that I don't believe ALL men cheat any more than I believe that ALL women are bad drivers. :-) but it sure sounds like this one does. Some people feed on your response so I would say that you need to keep down the drama with this person. Don't over react to his advances. Treat him with respect. It will give him a better understanding of who you are. I have to deal with mentally challenged people in my line of work. They deserve dignity but I have to be more aware of how I interact with them. I would definately share all the messages with my husband. This is a safeguard on so many levels.
    Brighten

Answer by Brighten at 5:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Well if you told him to go away and he keeps persisting, that says a lot about his character. I would say that you may not have needed to actually convey anything, that is just how he is.

I feel sorry for his wife.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I told him I do not want to get in the middle of anything. The only thing that is difficult about notifying his wife is that our kids go to school together and she is the daughter of my aunt's boyfriend, which makes it even more ackward. I just want to avoid them both all together and I did not create this situation he did.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• He's being a man! Men cheat...it's in their genes...just ignore him and tell him that if he doesn't stop, you will tell his wife. Oh, and tell your husband and show him the messages just in case this guy tries to reverse things on you.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i would threaten to tell his wifey that will make him disappear .
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think he FINALLY got the hint!! Yay!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2010