how can I get back on track?

financially I have so much ground to cover and I am embarrassed and I am not even sure where to begin. Once you get behind it is so hard to catch up, but I desperately need to. I want a fresh start in so many aspects of my life and I need to start with my finances. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• do you have a job? or are you a sahm?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Well.

How to, or what steps to take in order to begin working towards getting back on track........ Greatly depends on what all is "off track".. Different financial troubles, require different courses of action.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I work full time and I support 5 people, so there really is nothing extra and I have a garnishment coming out of my check for an old debt now, I just want to resolve all this mess and it is so hard when you have no help and it is not feasible to get a second job as I already am away from home about 50 hours a week for work, I take classes full time online. I would basically have to forgo sleep and never see my children or be able to help them with homework, then is the additional expense of more childcare. I don't know that I can spread myself any thinner.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Garnishments can take a huge junk out of an income.

True story.15 years ago, my husband had a debt that was less than $1k. He offered payments of $50 a month, it was refused, because the company stated that "on paper, it appeared he could not afford to pay that amount". He was garnished. instead, for nearly $500 a month by the same company.Tell me how that makes sense..LOL

Any hoo..That was a HUGE junk of our income way back then. We really were not sure how we were going to make it. But we did. I know it sounds like same ol' same ol' advice. But..We just had to stop spending money. That was it. Groceries became necessities only rarely a treat or extras (really, down to We are having rice and Kimchi for dinner and that's it.. lol), and just paying bills. That was it.

Sometimes. The only answers are: 1) don't spend anything you absolutely do not have to spend...2) Some how, some way come up with more money.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry I don't really have any better ideas or solutions for you.

I really do hope things start looking up for you..

All the best :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Start cutting back everyday. Really look at your financces- where are you spending your money? Coffees, dinner, things you don't need at the store? Can you cut back to basic or no cable? What about your cell phone. Start small and start NOW! You can save money every month and then you can start paying down debt. Look up Oprahs Debt Diet. We used it and have paid off over 45K in debt in the last three years!!
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010