What Brand Prenatal Vitamins do you take? How much do you pay for them?

Do they make you Constipated?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 3:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I used the Walmartor Target brand. They were like 5-6 bucks for 100 of them. If you're getting constipated,eat more fiber and up your water intake

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I use the Walmart brand, I think it was around $5. I only take one a day, and it seems to have worked for me pretty well with both of my children, and as a daily vitamin as well. My prenatals were not always covered by insurance like twinsplus said her's were, and I have really good insurance. But my first baby they gave me samples of things, and I couldn't take them, I went back to my old vitamin which was the walmart one. It had fish oil in it, and I tried, but it didn't settle with me, and they even suggested to freeze it and take it at night, but still didn't work out. My doctor now says to take what works for you.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 3:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I took Kirkland Singature (Costco) ones, and they were good to go. They were, like, $18 for 300 or something like that. Now they also include DHA, which is good.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I take some low iron ones my insurance covers.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 5:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Walmart and Target generics are both $4 a peice. Personally I can't take them even though I have tried and tried. As soon as it goes down I'm vomiting 15 minutes later, no matter what I eat or don't eat and no matter what time of day I take them. My doctor said to try taking two flintstones vitamins a day to help keep them down. Seems to be working well, I take them at two different times of the day.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• no i take prenexa it had DHA and a stool softener.. their good on my stomach and dont get me sick like the other ones did.. i have medicaid so i only pay 3$ a bottle for them their RX only though
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Flintstones Complete two of them has the same daily values as the prenatals my doc perscribed. Plus they are chewable and don't cause upset stomach or cause constipation. But ask your doctor if you need additional folic acid. even reg prenatals don't always have as much as some docs recommend.
    kfey2

Answer by kfey2 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• When I took prenatals - they were prescribed and covered by insurance. And if you are constipated - ask for a lower iron version.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i'm taking citranatal, with insurance i still have to pay $20
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010