What would you do if this happened to you...

I'm due December 22 with a little girl. My husband and I decided on the name Zoey Noelle and I posted it on Facebook. A girl I know is due in February and she just found out she's also having a girl. She posted on her Facebook that she is naming her daughter Zoey Noelle. We went with this name for origenality and I am pissed someone couldn't have their own original thought. Yeah I know someone else has probably already named their child this and all that but still...

Oktobre

Asked by Oktobre at 3:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Baby Names

• Honestly I agree with you. That's kinda sad that she couldn't come up with her own name for her baby, but if I were you I wouldn't let it bother you too much. Name your daughter the same, because you came up with it. Don't let some one who followed you and copied you bring you down or make you change your mind. Its a beautiful name (: .
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 3:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• In the long run. Does it really matter? Maybe she will change it. We never told anyonr the names until the day they were born.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That happened to my Mom before I was born. She told her neighbor friend that was also pregnant that she was going to name me Delia. Well, that woman had her baby first & named her Delia! Thank God!!! I hate that name (no offense to anyone that has that name). She ended up naming me after my Dad (female version). So maybe it is for the best that you name your little girl something else. I love Noelle since it is December. Why don't you make that her first name & pick a different middle name. Like Noelle Elizabeth. I really do not like Zoey. It's too typical today. But don't tell anyone the new name until after she is born.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• What would I do? Nothing. There is nothing to do. She will name her child as she chooses, and so will you.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 3:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• did she come up with the name before she new that you had already chosen it? it could just be a crazy coincidence. if not,then maybe come up with a really cute nick name and dont tell anyone until after shes born.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do you live in the same town? Do you go to the same church, have the same friends? Etc???
    Just drop it. It is petty and bitter to worry about what someone on FB is naming their child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• this is strange
    could she possibley have seen your post, copied and pasted and not changed the name part
    lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Is she just a girl you know or a close friend? If she's not close, who cares? I know 3 Zoe's. It's popular right now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That is odd... I wonder if it was a mistake? I mean why would you totally copy someone else's name you KNOW they are using? Either way I love the name you picked and Good job for not making her first name a 'Holiday' name! lol. I am a Dec. 9th baby named 'Joy'. I always felt my parents lacked creativity.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Well, Zoey in and of itself really is becoming quite a common name - when we registered our girls in our area this year we now have 4 girls named Zoey and they are all in the K-2 age group. If you are looking for something really original maybe that's not the best first name for your little one. Also, I would refrain from sharing the name with others until your little girl gets here. It will save the "you stole my name" drama.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010