Does anyone else find themselves buying presents for themselves at Christmas?

I don't usually buy much for myself during the year because A.) I'm not a big shopper and B.) most of my time is spent buying for the house or the kids. However, during the holidays, when I'm online shopping or in the stores I tend to see things that I would really like and since I know that no one is going to buy it for me I buy it for myself. The only one who buys gifts for me anymore is my hubby and he typically won't buy clothes or shoes for me. I have my own income so money isn't the problem but I still feel weird about it.

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 3:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Shopping

• Usually no.

However, there's a couple of things I *really REALLY want this year, and I'm debating whether I can justify the expense if I say they're Christmas presents from the kids to me, etc.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I usually just buy stuff for everyone else, but if money were not an issue I don't guess it's a bad thing.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• no, i do not
    but i have had things that i have gotten for myself and put under the tree or stocking
    i had a box of hair dye, did not get around to doing, so i put in my stocking
    still did not get to it until feb.-lol
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I buy stuff for myself!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• YES I HAVE TO CLOTHES SHOES PURSE IM GOING ALL OUT THIS YEAR I USUALLY DONT BUT I DESERVE IT
    chanchan522

Answer by chanchan522 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes, I do buy things for myself since I just buy nothing ever for myself. I have no income and he watchs the money but christmas shopping I can tell him it was on sale. But mainly I buy more candy or holiday cookies instead of clothes or anything else. I might even pick up the holiday books since love to read and only out once a year. I say no problem that you buy for yourself cause you deserve things for yourself as well as everyone else.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Nah, hubby just asks what I want, I email him what I want, and he buys it for me.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I find myself wanting to but usually no. I will buy it if its cheap enough tho. Or if im having a good money year.
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 5:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I do most of the shopping and wrapping. I get lunch and something for my self every year! Oh and ice cream for dessert!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010