How do you feel about Obama questions?

I mean, let's face it, those questions are not going to change anybody's mind, so really... are they meant for anything other than inviting drama? And yes, I know I've been guilty of this in the past too. But it's just getting old, same old drama, same old answers, same old arguments... I like the man, you don't. You think I'm an idiot/follower/socialist, I think you're an idiot/follower/fox kool-aid drinker. We're NEVER going to agree on this. For every article I find in his favor, you'll find one against it.

You know what? It's stupid, and a waste of time. History will tell. Yes, I will continue to support him, but I'm going to do it in a more productive way from now on, instead of wasting my time bickering on CM with the same old people and the same old insults over and over again...

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 3:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't mind that they ask the questions, but I have found that it's completely pointless to even try to debate with a few of the women here on CM. There are some women who have opposing views to mine who are respectful of others, and I'm genuinely curious about what they have to say and about their perspective, but sometimes it's not worth weeding through all the hateful ones. Some people just get really hostile, and people very rarely change their minds on the big stuff, so it is pretty pointless. I read and participate in this section of CM more than I talk about politics IRL. When I'm in the mood to participate in this section, I do. And sometimes I don't bother responding to a question if it's completely ridiculous and I can see that a bunch of people have already ganged up on one or two people. I'll vote up a few people I agree with or at least partially agree with and move on. Not worth my time.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Anouck, if you hadn't noticed, this IS th Politics and Current Events section. Many people obviously have changed their mind about Obama, judging by his poll numbers. Just because you won't does not mean squat, really. If you can't handle it, try the just for fun section.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I come to CM to learn and see others points of views, so why not have a debate weather its a debate about the president or a debate about face cream. I think we all come here to share our thoughts and views so why not say whats on our minds. I thought this was a place to come and not be judged. So sick of the haters out there. Relax and enjoy you might learn something.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I completely agree!!!!!!!!
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 3:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• They might change their "minds". You never know! People might get new information whether its good or bad and realize their feelings about the president were all wrong. :) You never know! :) If commercials can change peoples minds then so can our debates. :)

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think sometimes people just post question to get points. If it causes drama, that's just the icing on the cake. Just like this question.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You mean like the homosexual post and the christianity post and...I could go on?

They're all post that are getting old. I honeslty think that the people posting them think they are going to get a new answer or get a new great awaking and make everyone feel the way they feel about the topics.

Lots of people don't like Obama...some do. Lots of people are okay with gay marriage...lots aren't. Lots of people are Christians...lots of people aren't.

I don't see any of that changing any time soon.

Anonymous

• Well gerpie, I for one, will miss you. But I am sure you are soon to morph again.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't feel anything about them... It's not worth worrying about...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It just goes to show how desperate he and his followers are becoming. The new has worn off, the honeymoon is over, and now that reality has set in, and all the blinders are off, people see him for who and what he really is, and it ain't a pretty picture, and everyone is wanting a new picture!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010