HELP! my 4 year old says it hurts when she pees

Im certain its from her holding her pee she always waits until last minute to go, and she doesnt drink all that much water, i started diluting her juice with Mostly waters and shes drinking that, Cant make a doc appt till Monday.. What can i do? Advice?!

DiandraBryant07

Asked by DiandraBryant07 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My friend swears AZO helps...Not sure if kids can take it though..
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• take him to the doctor, maybe a UTI...Idk
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• call the doctor she could have a bladder infection. Or some kids to touch themselves a lot. my little cousin did that at about 4 or 5 and would rub herself raw and it hurt when she peed. Is she red or anything?
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 3:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I cant take her to doc till Monday no available appt ( Military hospital) Called nurse waiting for he to call me back..
    DiandraBryant07

Comment by DiandraBryant07 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It very possibly can be a UTI. Let her drink a lot of water and make a doc appt. just to be sure. Holding your bladder is a sure-fire way to get a Urinary Tract Infection!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Shes not red or anything like that, I think its because she waits until lat minute to pee..
    DiandraBryant07

• cranberry juice. and if it is a uti, you wont be able to vissibly see it. and yes you can get them from holding your pee too long and too much. it lets the bacteria just sit in there and fester.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That may be, OP, but you can't see the "red" from a UTI infection, it's inside the urinary tract...and usually it hurts to pee when one gets a UTI.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 3:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My is on a antibotic for the third time due to a bladder infection. And that is probley her problem. Try to see how she wipes herself which is one thing doctor told me to do. Since have to wait till monday.. Your best things to give her are cranberry juice, and fluids, and wiping good. oh another doctor said. No bubble bath but to sit and play in just plain water each night to help clean up the area. Also try yoguat which is good. I hope that helps. Give me a shout and let me know how things are working for you cause I might think of something else later that I might have forgot. Then get her to doctor on monday.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do you have a walk in near you?
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010