December baby names...

lol. Why do people feel the need to give their babies Christmas names when they are born in December? Noel, Joy, Mary, Bell, Christian... lol. April babies aren't named Lilly, Easter and Spring?

I'm not totally hating though. My name is Holly Faith. Dec. 23.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Baby Names

• I love the name Holly ! I like most of the christmas names and i think its ok to do so in december...it's the more extreme ones I don't like....like my ex-hubby actually had a friend named Christmas.....when he was 8 years old and up to 18, he went by Chris....then he went to court and changed it altogether....now he goes by Doug, lol !

I do know lots of seasonal baby names....i do know of a couple who had their babies in spring and named them lily...and i just read on here about someone whose middle name was Easter !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 6:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• LOL! My 4th of July baby is Liberty - we call her Libby. Ironically, it was chosen because it was a family name, not due to her birthdate.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 4:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We are juggling between Sophia (which is not associated with Christmas time) or Natalia (which means "Born At Christmas).

Natalia has many forms - Natasha, Natalie... And others.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I like themed names! My Aunt was born in June & her name is June! I love that name! Those names above are a lot better than some trendy names people are coming up with today! By the way, I know a few girls born in the spring named Lily! What about May & April!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I actually think it's pretty cute to do the themed name. I haven't done it with my kids but I like it :) My son is Christian I dont see that has a "Christmas" name LOL
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 4:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have never met someone with a Christmas name.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I guess it's just what they're feeling at the time.
    My mom's due date with me was in July, and she told me once that if I'd been born on the 4th of July, they were going to name me "Liberty" and call me "Libby". I'm still not sure if she was joking, but I am glad I didn't come out on the 4th anyway. Whew!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Maybe they feel it's a blessing. Hopefully no kids named Halloween. I like your name. HAHAHA
    Anonymous

• Me and my daughter are both December 20th i'm Michelle, she's Zoey.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When my daughter was born we contemplated Holly since she was born on December 22nd, but we opted with the one we had choosen before and she is Emma. Sometimes I wish we would have choosen Holly just because there are a lot of Emma's. In fact she has a girl in her preschool with the same name and she was born on December 21st.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 3:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010