Burning sensation in my knee cap, after falling?

I fell down the last 2 basement steps last night and landed right on my right knee cap! My question is it does not hurt when I walk but when I touch it I have a burning sensationin the knee cap! What could this mean?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• Usually means you hit your knee so bad it even effected the "periost" (I have no idea, what it's called in English, sorry) It's the tough skin around your bones. The shell or bark so to speak. Takes forever to ease and there's not much you can do about it. If moving doesn't hurt ... KEEP moving at full range. There's nothing worse than joints getting stiff and I see those everyday at work (Physical therapist).
    I fell off a ladder beginning of the year, also RIGHT on my knee and there's still that one tiny spot that sends a sensation like an electric shock through my whole leg when I kneel on it.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• OMG!!!! I have the same thing with my left knee!! I fell up the stairs and landed on it and whenever it even brushes against anything,it is like a burning or stinging sensation. I did it last week,I think it was a Sunday.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think you may have torn something important.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When I feel down the stairs and landed on my knee I tore the minicus, had surgery to repair.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• ouch sounds painful, id get it checked and good luck!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010