Lets say i wanna have my baby and i am 40 weeks but not dialated can they induce me if i asked them to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it depends on the doc but most likely
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• As with any other medical procedure, there are risks with induction. So your doctor may or may not be willing to induce you upon your request. It doesn't hurt to ask and to have a discussion with your doctor about the risks and benefits of induction.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• When you are induced there is a higher likelyhood of an eventual c-section...your body isn't ready yet...wait it out. NO one has been pregnant forever! Your body and your baby will thank you in the end!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yes, but that doesn't mean that they will. Some doctors just don't believe in induction , unless it's absolutely neccessary and others seem to do it for any reason at all.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yea if you ask
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Never hurts to ask. It is all up to your doctor. Some doctors may wait especially if you aren't dialated yet until at least 41 weeks but who knows! I asked my doctor what her policy was and she said if my cervix is favorable and I am done being pregnant by 40 weeks then it would be up to me if I wanted to be induced. Now if I reached 40 weeks and my cervix wasn't favorable and she thought my baby was smaller than she would wait until 41 weeks. Good Luck. Id want to be induced too!
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I was induced with both of my babies but that was because I had high risk pregnancies. It was more of a benefit to me and the babies to have them born at exactly 40 weeks than it was to wait it out. It probably depends on the doctor but in my experience most doctors probably prefer to wait it out unless there's a risk to the baby or the mama. BTW, I wasn't really dialated with either baby. They have ways of dialating you!
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• try walking alot or riding on bumpy roads!your doc should induce you before 42 weeks if it doesnt happen on its own!i carried to 43 weeks and the day they were gonna induce me i went into labor!my water broke on the way to the office to be induced!but the only reason they made me carry to 43 weeks was cause inducing me so young would have put my life at a higher risk!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 12:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Most don't like having you wait after 40 weeks so if you talk to them about getting induced i'm sure they wouldn't have a problem.. i'm surprised that haven't suggested it yet
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008