Vasectomy fail? adult content

Have you heard of anyone recently whose husbands vasectomy has failed? I have all the pg signs but nausea and Im supposed to be on AF but it is just minimal spotting. Is this likely? He had it 6 months ago..and they told us we were out of the unsafe window at 6 weeks...and someone just told me its 8 months!!!!!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• My husband had one 19 years ago.. We've never had any surpises..lol

The only couples I personally know (2 of them) who got pregnant after a vasectomy. Were couples that had unprotected sex **before** the husband spun clean and was declared sterile by their doctor.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Honey, there is no specific TIME as to when it is safe. Is he getting his sperm count checked. Until he has ZERO little swimmers left - IT ISN'T SAFE!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Did he get a SA after the Vasectomy?  Buy a test and be sure

christinato

Answer by christinato at 4:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Oh, and my husband had his Vas. done 12 years ago and we've not had a single pregnancy scare. But we also did not have unprotected sex until AFTER he had a complete CLEAN count - NO SWIMMERS (dead or alive).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i thought that after some period of time they checked his sperm again and then deemed it safe? did you do that?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Hubby went back after 6 weeks to get a sperm count done and from there was good to go. That was 12 years ago and no more babies for us. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know plenty of men that knocked up women after getting the all clear from their doctor. The tubes can regrow back together.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• he did go back and get the all clear but someone recently told me that they can "build up' if you go a while with out doing it. A while for us is a week for af....so maybe im just having a wonky period. I still get worried though...lol I didnt worry until I heard the 8 month part...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Those men who's tubes grow back together - their docs don't take enough out. They also don't cauterized them in addition to cutting them. IF it was done absolutely properly, with a fair amount cut out AND cauterizing the ends - then the failure rate is almost nil. But then NOTHING is fool proof short of not having sex. Women's tubes grow back after having their tubes tied. BC Pills fail, Latex can break, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• "But then NOTHING is fool proof short of not having sex."

True for the most part (since if a woman has a hysterectomy then she can't get pregnant, lol). But Essure is the first and only sterilization technique to have zero pregnancies during clinical trials...so I think it might be closer to fool proof than a tubal ligation or vasectomy.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:54 AM on Nov. 21, 2010