I just found out I'm pregnant (with #2) and have a hike up half dome planned for next weekend. Should I still go?

rashellis

Asked by rashellis at 10:25 AM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Sure, why not? If you're used to hiking and it's not like new exercise, then you should be able to keep doing it.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:00 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You can still go just take it easy and listen to your body. Drink lots of water. Have Fun! I hike all the time with my husband and kids and I am 5.5 months pregnant with my third child.
    MommaBeaver

Answer by MommaBeaver at 11:26 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I hiked a week before I delivered my last one. Just in the woods behind our house, but it is hilly. Just listen to your body. If you get tired.... stop. Make sure you have plenty of water and snacks. If you were active before your pregnancy, it shouldn't matter.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:47 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• By all means, go. Exercise is good for a pregnancy. It keeps you healthy and makes labor a lot easier. Just don't overdure it.
    mikki1972

Answer by mikki1972 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• As long as it's something you usually do and not something new then you should be fine if your not high risk. I hike alot and just found out I was pregnant too but now have to stop because I am high risk. Maybe put a call into your dr to make sure as well because all dr's are different. Exercize is great for pregnancy though.
    shymom24

Answer by shymom24 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 6, 2009