not finding out the sex of a baby

did anyone do this? my husband and i started TTC for #2 this month and if we get pregnant in the near future i dont want to know the sex. my husband thinks its stupid but it seems like it would be fun... if you did it what were your experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I loved not knowing but my husband hated it. I had fun guessing what we were having and loved the freedom of picking clothes because we liked them. After our son was born my husband admitted it did help not knowing because he remembers when the doctor said It's a junior . Then stop and said sorry I mean it a boy .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's a load of fun. And something to look forward to during labor. I've always done it and will in the future if we have any more.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I didn't with my first but I knew she was a girl.. Don't know why or how but I just knew and I was right. With the other two I had no clue until the U/S.. They were both correct.. I think it would be fun to wait until birth to find out but very practical to know ahead of time to prepare.. So I too am torn :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I did not find out for all 3 of mine. Just hearing "It's a boy and It's a girl" was worth the wait. Now if you like the super girlie clothes and the boyish boys then you may want to find out.
    sheba1000

Answer by sheba1000 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We did not find out the sex before birth.

My experiences, well.. I was pregnant.. I gave birth.. I had a son.. LOL Really,not trying to be snide or anything, I can't think of how knowing would have changed my pregnancy/birth experience.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I didn't find out for any 3 of mine - it is one of the few surprises left in life. I would not change a thing. People are actually more excited when you do give birth because so few do not find out the sex of baby before birth now.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I found out with both of mine. I'm way too OCD not to find out. I need to know beforehand, so I can figure out how to decorate, what kinds of clothes to get, come up with a name, etc... I'm not big on surprises in general, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Good for you! The element of surprise is fun!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Im with you. This is our first baby and we will not find out the sex until the day he/she comes out. Will be like Christmas in May!
    BlandBaby

Answer by BlandBaby at 4:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I do and I dont want to find out... I get to impatient. lol the father wants to know, and im still torn. but our next appt in Dec will be a nice christmas present for family. Sex of the baby
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 4:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010