My husband received a birthday party invitation. I did not. Should I attend?

They are long time friends. Of mine as well, I thought.

Brighten

Asked by Brighten at 4:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• If my husband was invited to a party and I wasn't asked, he would choose not to go. And I think that's what your husband should do, too. I also think that he should tell whoever asked him that he won't be coming and the reason why. If it was just an oversight, that gives the person a chance to correct the mistake. If it was done intentionally, it lets the person know you and your husband are a pair and that you don't attend parties unless you go together.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Was it specifically only addressed to him?
    Is it a guy's birthday?

If you are sure other couple's are going, I would have your husband RSVP and say 'my wife and I will be there.' (That's if you even want to go).
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 4:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Of course you are a pair!

Answer by older at 4:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would think it's assumed that you'd go with him
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree, I would assume that it's for both of you to attend. They may have just not thought to address it to both of you.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You're his wife, of course you should attend. Why would they give you each invites? That's silly.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's probably and oversight that they assumed you both would go with one invite. I wouldn't read to much into it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I really liked NannyB's answer and ARmom, yes and no. It was just addressed to him and it is not a guy party. It's a 50th birthday party. His wife and I have been friends for years. Their 2 adult daughters call me and we do things occasionally. His oldest daughter even sent me a text to see if we were going to be available that day. His wife sent the invitations. We've received and sent lots of invitations to and from each other over the years. Always been to both of us. I do feel sill Oriongirl.
    Thank you everybody. I've never been here before. This sure seems like a nuturing forum. I don't even know what it's about. I'm going to have to check...lol...
    Brighten

Comment by Brighten (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• it sounds like an oversight it dosent seem like anything personal
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2010