my sons play tents are slightly broken, but I feel weird throwing them out?

My son has two playtents. One is more like a playhouse/tent with a plastic door, doorbell and hooks for baby toys. The other is a really nice big tent. Both are held up by metal rods (covered in plastic coating). Well on BOTH tents, one rod has snapped and they arent fixable. If I remove the broken rods off each tent, they arent functionable anymore. They wouldnt be steady. Do I really have to throw them out? The big tent is brand new and nothing is wrong with it except for that broken rod. I'd hate to throw it out....?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Can you try to find another Rod for each of them or improvise and use something else? hardware stores or like Home Depot stores could have something
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• you can buy rods at a hardware store? the white ones mostly seen on play tents? I didnt think about that!
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You may can contact the manufactorer (sp?) and get a replacement rod.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010