What to do?

My husband uncle is our next door neighbor. Every Wednesday night my hubby have friends over to play Maddening which is fine with me. Well one Wednesday my husband' cousin ask hubby to take him home it b/c it was getting late.Hubby took him home and his uncle rode along with him. It took maybe 15 minutes to take the cousin home and come back. About thiry minutes later my uncle in law girlfriend comes banging on the door like she's the police and screaming "I know you got some B*tch in there. By this time I come out the bedroom to see whats going on.She still screaming about how he and my husband left to go screw some girls.My husband tried to explain to her that they took a cousin home but she's not listening.Anyways it was a whole big mess and we didn't talk to them for about a week (she woke my 2 year old up that night). Well lately she's been coming around the house saying that she is tired of the cheating and wants out of the relationship but she making little smart remarks like my husband is the cause of their problems. I dont know how I should handle the situation I know he has cheated on her before and gave her a STD while she was pregnant, and he videotape hisself having sex with a random girl he picked up off the street.But I dont understand why she would blame this on my hubby. I am just tired of the snide comments she have people in the neighborhood thinking that my hubby is out there fooling around and forcing him to follow. I'm trying to find a NICE way to handle the situaion without it being a big blow out any suggestion.

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 4:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• It's not yours to handle. It's your husband's and he should take care of it. Anything you do or say will most likely only make matters worse, so let your husband handle his own family and their mess.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Don't find a nice way and I agree with NannyB, it's not your problem and to make sure it doesn't become your problem, just cut off all ties, even to the uncle. Why would you OR your hubby want a pig like that around your family anyway, family or not.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I agree with NannyB as well. You may need to learn how to politely change the topic of conversation if she brings it up again. If you start a new conversation about something interesting or fun (not about people at all) she may begin to understand and she might even learn to have more respect for you for not engaging.
    Brighten

Answer by Brighten at 5:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010