Religion and WAH Opps...

I am a very proud Pagan Home Business Owner. I display both very openly on my profile. That's just who I am.

I was talking to a girl that I met in one of these WAH Groups and she was very interested. We had talked on the phone and online and she was going to sign on to my team. THEN... she visited my profile and sent me a message saying that she would not be involved with a person like me. That until I find Jesus she has nothing to say to me and can't work with me. She signed on with someone else from my team.

Honestly it didn't really bother me until she signed on with someone else... I don't get it. What does someones religion have to with their business or why you would or wouldn't get involved with them?? Would it matter to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Money & Work

• It's just a personal choice I guess. The same as voting today is a personal choice. I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. Be yourself and let her do her thing. Be the bigger person and go on with your day. I may not agree with your religion but I respect you for being yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I was removed from a WAH Group because of my pagan religon! I think it's just stupid to decide someone is worth working with based solely on their religion. I am a hard working and sucessful business owner. I don't talk religion with my team nor do I try to sway them what ever would it matter who I pray to?

That's why I started the PAGAN WAH group. www.cafemom.com/groups/Paganbusinesses

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• good grief! People shouldn't discriminate because of their religion! It shouldn't matter what your religion is!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If this is just who you are, why post as "Anonymous"?
    Unless you sell Bibles or Buttons "Religion" & "Politics" doesn't have much of a place in business. In business you need to keep your private life private, that's just good business sense.
    I could careless if you were a talking chimp, but when you are in sales or recruiting you have to be all things to all people. If someone isn't comfortable with the way you believe, they won't trust you. And truthfully it's none of their business and there is no need to share the information.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 1:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It didn't sound very Christian of her. My neighbor and I are with the same company and both Catholic. Recently she joined a Jewish group and is promoting her business there very well. I feel we should be able to help anyone regardless of their religious beliefs.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Works4Mom.com - I posted anon because the woman I am refering to is a cafemom member and I felt it would be disrespectful for me to give ANY hint at who she is. The person that she did go with is also a cafemom member (a member of my downline actually) and I don't think she know's why this woman ended up going with her. It was out of respect not fear or shame.
    Anonymous

• I will respond to this question in this manner: I have always felt that whatever you are or believe in, it is your choice.. your belief. I feel that this would be the same as if a Baptist woman puts in her profile that she is a proud Baptist, a true believer in God.... Why would you do this? I believe in keeping my personal business to myself. I feel the same way with gay people... why flaunt it? It's your personal belief... yes it's your choice, but what does it matter to me? I wouldn't put in my profile that I am a God Fearing Straight White Female, would I? No, because it does not matter. So, to sum it up, I wouldn't know why it would matter what you believe in, but I would not flaunt it in my profile either. Just a thought.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I see nothing wrong with being proud of yourself no matter who you are or what you do. If your hurting peopl or killing them then i'm not going to be your friend but your not doing either by being proud to be you. Some times people go overboard on the christian thing. I do love my god and his son but i'm not about to do what she did just because someone does nto see eye to eye with me about things like that. You do your best and thats all you should worry about i'm sorry she did that to you she has a lot to learn. the way i see it is our lord wants us to love everyone the way he loves us he didnt ask us to judge whos right or wrong. He loves you for who you are and so should all of us.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 3:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008