Is anyone else gagged by eating chicken or pork chops now?

I used to love roast chicken or pork chops and now cannot eat either one since becoming pregnant. Last Sunday I roasted a chicken and made homemade stuffing and mashed potatoes. I took a bite of chicken (which I normally love) and I gotta tell you I gagged a bit. And then last night I made skillet chops with onion gravy and mashed potatoes and the same thing happened. As soon as I took a bite of the chop I gagged. My hubby just looked at me and asked -- Are you okay?

Does anyone else have problems eating things now that they used to love? It seems like now the only meat I really crave is ground beef....HELP!

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 4:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I had that meat adversion too. It lasted until i was about 6 months along!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i wouldnt have problems eating the food while pregnant, but i would have problems cooking it. the smell of ground beef and especially ground turkey browning in the skillet churned my stomach.. bleck.. but once it was cooked and the smell had waffed out i could tolerate eating the food. the wrenching heartburn i always got afterward though is another story in itself. anyway i think its normal what you're going through, pregnancy causes all sorts of crazy things to happen to you. just try avoiding things that turn you off.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I couldn't stand chicken w/my 1st pregnancy. The thought of it, smell of it and sight of it all made me gag. My daughter was a good year and a half before I could try chicken again.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's the pregnancy my dear...it reeks havoc on your body, senses, hair, skin...everything but this too shall pass.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010