Reasking this because for some reason people thinks this child was given up for adoption. She was not, and will post the same exact thing with some added details.

Would you let your 10 yr old go? Would you let your child go with there bio-parent that they just meet a month ago for the first time, to go shopping. By the way this child is only 10 yrs of age.

Added details: This is my daughter that has not ever seen her bio-dad except a month ago she meet him for the first time in her life. She is 10 yrs old. Do I trust him no, because he wanted her dead when he found out I was pregnant. In all her life he has not once tried to contact her. She is the one that contacted him and asked him all kinds of questions, that he still refuses to answer. If you have any other questions I will answer them in this question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• This is not a stranger off the street, this is a man that YOU felt it was safe and acceptable to have a relationship with.
    Regardless of if he thought abortion was a good idea at the time he found out you were pregnant, he has expressed a desire and made an effort to get to know the child. He did not "want her dead" - she wasn't even born yet.
    Do I think it's too soon to allow her to go with him, as she's only spent time with him once? Yes.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 4:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think it's much too soon after their meeting for just the two of them to go anywhere alone together, so I would not allow her to go. If there's a grandmother or someone else that you trust who would be willing to go along, then I might consider it. But just the two of them alone, I would just say "no."
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• thats what i thought you meant when you first asked it, but then people brought adoption up so i got confused. i probably wouldnt unless i was there with her
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• NO... I would be there at first, then once a relationship and trust was established I would back off and let them have father daughter time..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Nope. All visitation would be supervised by ME - he would have to EARN trust from here on out to have a relationship with my child.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes I agree with the rest! It sounds like my life! I first met my sperm doner when I was 15! I only spoke with him a handfull of times in my life! I did get my answers to my questions now that I am an adult so I choose not to have him in my life! But as a child I did a lot of wondering!!!!!! Best of Luck in your situation!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Well thats a different scenario! In that case,NO!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would not let her see him unsupervised. It just isn't in her best interest. If You go with but allow them space to talk without you in the conversation..I could live with that. He gave up his rights to 1;1 visits every year that past that he ignored her.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• it would be like letting your 10 ye old go somewhere with a complete stranger off the street
    you do not know this person-really, you know nothing baout hum, except the fact that he is a deadbeat dad
    no way, would i advise this child go alone with him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• well its really up to you. maybe you can meet with them together in a safe place so you can determine how you feel. 10 is not old enough to make that decision on her own in my opinon. although...my daughters father had noting to do with her untill age 6. i wasnt sure what to do but my husband met with him and basicly said that he was giving him this chance and if he screwed up it would be him he had to answer to, its been 2 years and my daughter and her father now spend every single weekend together....with the exception of some holidays. i didnt want it to happen but now i am glad i did. they have a great relationship that i thought they would never have.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2010