When you catch your child's teacher in a lie, what do you do?

My daughter is in an advanced class. She leaves her homeroom and goes to this excelled class for a full day. She comes back to her homeroom for lunch and recess. Well while at the parent-teacher conference the teacher explained that my daughter has 30 minutes to ask her questions about school work. 15 minutes before lunch and 15 minutes after.

When I emailed the gifted teacher about the procedure for my daughter to return to class, the gifted teacher stated that Mikayla does not return to the homeroom before lunch. So now that takes up that 15 minutes.

The homeroom teacher stated that they get back from lunch at 12:15. When I asked the homeroom teacher when teh gifted teacher comes back to pick up my daughter to return back to gifted the teacher said 12:15. So when I asked, "well how does she have time to ask you a question if you guys get back when its time for her to go back to the excelled class?" The teacher quickly responded, "Oh my mistake we get back at 12."

Still my daughter does not come back to class before lunch as the teacher stated. The 3rd grade homeroom teacher stated that it is my daughter's responsibility to ask her if my daughter doesnt understand something. But is barely 15 minutes enough time to look over work and ask questions about it? But i feel that the teacher was not being truthful about some other things. This is just one thing that I could confirm. What do you do when you catch the teacher in a lie?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in

• I would drag both teachers to the principal and we would all have a come to Jesus meeting. Teacher 1 said it was Teacher 2 responsibility and Teacher 2 said it was Teacher 1 this he said she said thing could go on forever. Put them in front of the Principal and tell them no one is leaving until we all have a plan on how this is to be handled. No more passing the the buck it needs to stop now.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• you confront them!

I did a lot and it is not fun. But you have to do it to protect your child.

always be on top of the teachers.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why can't your daughter ask questions of the other teacher since she spends all day long with her? Surely the teachers communicate.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• should I say, after speaking with the gifted teacher it was discovered that my daughter does come back to your homeroom before lunch, thus only having approximately 10-15 minutes to understand work that has been discussed for several hours while she was out of class. Can you sit her down in that limited time after lunch to go over the work that you have assigned her?

(BEFORE I COME OUT THERE AND BREAK YOUR NECK) not the last line...just the paragraph above
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The classwork is left on her desk. So if she is barely in the room or if the teacher forgets to place it on her desk before the gifted teacher comes back there is no time to even look at the information. The gifted teacher is going over her classwork not another teacher's classwork.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i would bring it up to the principal.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2010