Religion and WAH Opps...

I am a very proud Pagan Home Business Owner. I display both very openly on my profile. That's just who I am.

I was talking to a girl that I met in one of these WAH Groups and she was very interested. We had talked on the phone and online and she was going to sign on to my team. THEN... she visited my profile and sent me a message saying that she would not be involved with a person like me. That until I find Jesus she has nothing to say to me and can't work with me. She signed on with someone else from my team.

Honestly it didn't really bother me until she signed on with someone else... I don't get it. What does someones religion have to with their business or why you would or wouldn't get involved with them?? Would it matter to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• *sigh* Some people just consider religion a very important prerequisite for who they associate themselves with. It was VERY wrong of her to say that to you, and to sign on with someone else "just because" you don't share the same religious views as her.

And no, it wouldn't matter to me what religion someone practiced, whether I was working with them or they were my friend.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm sorry that happened to you. You know she has misconceptions about Pagans and that's why she acted out of fear. Actually, you should feel sorry for her and not offend or upset. To answer your question, ones religion, or lack there of, has no bearings on weather or not I will associate with them, that would be judging, and I would be just as blind as the lady in your post.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I don't get it. Like making religion the sole reason you pick the next president, too. ((ROLLING EYES)) Your religious beliefs certainly don't make up the whole you. I'm sure you are a wonderful business woman and if she chose not to be with you based only on what you believe, then she probably missed out on a great business partner.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You know I remember reading a post from a Christian who got the same type of response because she had a picture of Jesus on her website. One of her potential customers told her that she was offended by the picture and refused to purchase from her. So I guess it's each to their own. LOL. You just can't win.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yup jenettyshome, lol, so it sounds like a people problem and not a religious one ultimately lol
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• ::can't we all just get along:: lol
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I use to give my business to someone that didn't share my faith. The Holy Spirit prompted me that that person was praying for me, positive in her eyes, but NOT the force the Lord was glorified in. I would at the same pray back against it and eventually I stopped doing business with her. I was my choice to get away. I know God sent me to her for awhile, I got to share my love and belief in the Lord that is all.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I posted this on your other question too...

I was removed from a WAH Group because of my pagan religon! I think it's just stupid to decide someone is worth working with based solely on their religion. I am a hard working and sucessful business owner. I don't talk religion with my team nor do I try to sway them what ever would it matter who I pray to?

That's why I started the PAGAN WAH group. www.cafemom.com/groups/Paganbusinesses

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• dont even let ppl get to you like that. anyone who really listens to their heart knows its not about what religion you are, but about that you listen to and follow your heart and sprituality. i believe in god, but i also believe in the forces of anture. i mean honestly....if god created them, wouldnt he want you to appreciate them?
    dont even worry about her......in the bible it says god judges on the inside, where as ppl judge the outside. if she wanted to be closer to god she should of listened to her own book which states god looks for whats in your heart. if your a good person, if you have morals and are kind and not negative or evil minded....and im yet to meet an evil pagan or wiccan
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I can only speak for myself.

I chose to do business for awhile, but then decided to move elsewhere as I felt lead to. Then I realized that God used me for a reason at the beginning, but then I didn't want to be around her prayers that lifting up another force. It was my choice.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2008