What should and shouldn't we register for?

We are expecting our first baby in May. We really have no idea what we should or should not register for.

What were some of the things that you registered for that you are so glad you did and what are some things you wish you never would have put on your list?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• skip out on the wipe warmers... my son liked to be swaddled but some kids dont... also those little vibrating bouncers are nifty
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The main thing that I registered for and didn't need was bottles. I registered because I figured I might need a couple... and then 3 different people got them for me and my son never ended up taking bottles so they were all a waste. I'd buy 1 bottle, at most, before baby comes and you can do that yourself.

The boppy was great, very happy to have gotten that. I put a wrap on my registry 5 years ago and didn't get it (but it SURE would have been useful!). Uhmm... I hate when people put clouthes on there. They're too hard to locate with the registry list and people will buy clouthes no matter what.

Large size receiving blankets (40/40) are very useful. Better to put those on than to risk getting the small ones (which aren't good for anything by diapers! lol).

Bathtub is always a fun item for someone to get...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 4:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• oh yeah a baby bathtub, and if someone will buy you a swing... i bought the papesan one with my own money because they are expensive. also a carseat/stroller combo! my mom bought that for me.... and as many diapers (newborn and size 1) as you can register for lol
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2321329 It was the best thing we put on there he is still using it at 2.
    Burp Cloths
    a variety of sizes of clothes
    Recieving blanket
    Bibs
    Lansinoh® HPA® Lanolin it is a cream for your nipple
    WE NEVER USED
    Pillows
    Teddy Bears
    Baby sling thingy
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I LOVED my wipe warmer...wouldn't be without it.
    Nursing Pads
    Changing Table
    Diaper bag
    Diapers
    Wipes
    Boppy pillow
    Bouncer
    Swiing
    Sling
    Travel System
    Milk Storage Bags
    Breastpump
    Onsies
    Sleepers
    Nasal Aspirator

I'm sure there's more
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Put whatever you think you need/want on it. Just don't count on getting every thing on it. Some people do not believe in registries and won't buy off of them. Some get things off the registries but don't turn it in, so you get ten packs of 4 oz bottles. Make sure you register for gift cards, as well, so people know you'd like them too.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Ok. My girlfriend recently had a baby and I got her something she never registered for but she tells me all the time how wonderful it is. She doesbreastfeed but they have huge latch problems so she pumps and uses the bottle. I got her a bottle warmer for the car. You just plug it in and it warms up. She loves it. Make sure you register for a good thermometer, don't go for the ones you scan across teh head- they aren't very accurate and nobody ever reads them correctly, go for one that goes in the ear. The last thing you want is to realize you don't have a thermometer when you need it!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2010