i need money

im trying so hard to get a job.i got 3 kids an christmas is around the corner,and its so hard here in miami no jobs.any i deas anyone.my husband its the only providing right know,why life is so hard.i dont care about me,but my kids u know.it breaks my heart

mwood108

Asked by mwood108 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I live in Miami too, there are a lot of stores hiring for Christmas, Forever21, had a sign in the sunset mall, so did Bed Bath and Beyond, good luck! it might not be a permanent job, but it will serve it's purpose.

Answer by older at 4:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i agree with older but if anything try to get a home job.. i run a website helping moms find jobs, i could help you find one for the same hours you need and make the extra money
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• There isn't a such thing as "Nobody is hiring". You have to be aggressive, beacuse with so many out of a job you have to really show you're interested and willing to work hard. There's a lot of jobs that are hiring for the Holidays. Like Macy's for example. There are also a lot of places that you may not think of to apply to. Don't apply to only what you've worked in previously, what you're trained in, but everywhere. Put in applications whether they're hiring or not. You never know who will be willing to take a chance on you.

Also, give a call back up to one week after you put in your application. Let them know you're interested and why. This will help them see that you're eager and willing to work. Don't just put in applications, you have to follow through.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• babysit
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 4:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My good friend works a second job. Pet sitting. She says that this is the busy time of the year because people travel alot for the holidays. She started by talking to the local pet groomer and got referrals.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I do free financial planning, feel free to give me a call. There may be ways to save w/o having to get a job. Also, look into advocare, the start up is cheap and the products are great along with the commission. I know several who sell it and do really well. https://www.advocare.com/101010447/default.aspx
    FinancialMomma

Answer by FinancialMomma at 5:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010