Is there such a thing as pregnancy munchies?

I swear I could eat 24/7 lately, not so much the whole pregnancy, but boy I'm starving the last week or so!

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 4:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL! I snacked A LOT! most my "prego" pictures I have of me there is always food in my hands. haha

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i hope so, otherwise i have nothing to blame the 60 pounds i gained with the first two and 40 i gained with the last lol!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes there is it the point where I believe your craving and liking plus his come together. I did think for weeks in my pregnancy and ate lots of food but never reached the level of being satisfied. I thought it was my body way of trying to find some nutrient I was missing but after eating everything I figured I had it covered. Remember your body is working 24/7 to grow this baby and you have no break so you might need the calories to help this along.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 4:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I believe so! Mine kicked in 2nd trimester all pregnancies. I wasn't entirely hungry during my first trimester, or nothing sounded good, but once the second trimester kicked in I was raiding the fridge/cupboards on the hour it seemed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes, I did the same thing and gain 50 pounds three times.

Answer by older at 4:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have been so hungry constantly or I'm not hungry, but could eat something just cause it looks yummy. But I can say that w/ my last baby I didn't want anything the last 2 weeks, my eyes were bigger than my tummy, or that baby would allow.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Im always hungry 24/7 yep and im 7weeks preg this is normal and quite frant annoying as shit
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 7:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• that would be pregnancy cravings Id assume... I want to eat everything but once its in front of me I want nothing to do with it. last 4 weeks I lost half a pound cause i have no appetite.. which i badly miss!! :/
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 4:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes, i just take them as they come and snack. plus, snacking reall yhelps with the nausia
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 8:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2010