How early is too early to test? adult content

Just wondering how early do you think is too early to take a pregnancy test. I am late, but only by 5 days. My husband and I made love about a month after I stopped my birth control and also about a week and a half after my last period. I haven't had a period this month (yet) and I was wondering. It seems a little early to me but I have been having some of the same symptoms I had last pregnancy. Any suggestions?

Proudbirthmom06

Asked by Proudbirthmom06 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I always tested days after I missed my period! I was always regular every month! I was always pregnant
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• @jem102675, thanks for your reply. I just feel like it's a bit early but everyone is different I guess. I never have been regular. My period goes for a few months at a time without coming so a missed period sometimes with me is just regular thing ya know? But like with my last pregnancy, I can't lay on my belly comfortably, I'm tired all the time and I'm thirsty a lot. I eat a lot. No morning sickness but I do have slight cramps and no bleeding. I guess I need to go ahead and check it out :)fingers crossed

Proudbirthmom06

Comment by Proudbirthmom06 (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Well, personally, my doctor gave me a blood test about a week before my period was due, and got an "inconclusive". Took another test a couple of days later (right about the time my period was due), and got a positive... Since you're irregular, and since you just stopped taking the pill, your body might just be "adjusting" though. I say take the test, and take it from there...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would say take a test. Sense you're 5 days late you should more then likely get an accurate result.
    LindsayLL2010

Answer by LindsayLL2010 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010