At what age do you think your kids started "getting" the whole Christmas thing?

I'm so excited, because this year, I think my son will actually understand the whole gift giving things, and like his actual gifts instead of the wrapping paper and boxes, heh. He's 26 months old now, and I can't WAIT to give him his glider bike (he's been asking for a bike for months now)!

How old were your kids when they started getting excited about Christmas and birthdays?

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 5:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my son just turned 3 this month and I think it was the first time he really got that it was HIS special day - I don't think he really gets why it was his special day but I am so excited for christmas this year too - leaving out cookies and visiting santa and writing santa a letter..these next few years will be so much fun with that
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think around age three. At two they totally loved Christmas, but didn't anticipate it, at three they start anticipating, and it is sooo cool!

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• def 3. My daughter kinda understood at two but 3 was comp diff and very exciting
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• About 3 or 4 because they understood the anticipation and the idea of gifts. You will still have a great Christmas. Just don't be surprised if he wants to play with his first gift and ignore the other unopened ones!. ha or like the box better! I miss those days!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Right now 19,18 and 17. They are all into it right now.LOL
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010