$4? Seriously? He wants the state to pay for $4???? RANT

So, I'm sitting in the doctors office today with my 3 small children paying cash for a visit for 3 kids with pink eye. I'm usually not too nosy, but this guy sits down right next to me and starts talking really loud, so you couldn't help but hear. He has someone with him showing him how to fill out the forms and questionaire for a sliding scale payment because he wants to see the doctor for a regular check up. He kept saying he refused to pay for his doctor visit because he doesn't want to get a job and they should help him. He had no kids, no wife nothing. They told him all he had to pay was $4. That's it. He continued to rant and complain. He said he refused to pay the $4 and that the state is gonna have to pay for that because he doesn't have the $4. The lady said, "seriously, you can't come up with $4?" Then much to my disgust he started asking openly for other things he could get for free from the state as a single guy...

I was trying not to get up and walk out. I'm paying full for three kids and meds, I work, my husband works, and we don't have insurance because we can't afford it! We bust our asses and barely keep our heads above water and here's this guy, what can I get for free. What is wrong with people?!$#@$ I didn't know there were really people out there like this!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YIKES!
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 5:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• he sounds like a pathetic slob! first off sliding scale FEE is exactly that, a freakin fee! and by sliding scale they try to help him out by going off his income. what an asshole!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes there re lots of people out there like this who want a free ride. It is disgusting!! My friend worked at a dentist office and saw kids on welfare all day long. The stories she tells are shocking!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• There are too many people who are willing to take advantage of the system. It's so sad......and infuriating. Assistance should only be there for people who can't work, or temporarily for people who have had a crisis of some kind. If you're able bodied, I think you should be required to work for your assistance, or take classes to help you get a job, and it should just be temporary assistance, not your way of life.

It's so frustrating for those of us who work hard, and try to do the right thing to watch those people who are too lazy or feel entitled....and know that we're paying their bills. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that YOU are doing the right thing, and setting the right example for your kids.
    Happy Holidays!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• These are the people that totally p*ss me off. Get off your a$$ and work for a living and quit trying to take advantage of the system.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would have thrown four dollars at him and told him to shut the f*** up. That the four dollars was an advance in my tax money to pay for his coffin when he passed from his stupidity for not realizing that four dollars is cheap price for a medical visit.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 6:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• ugh, some people just expect everyone else to cover them. Sometimes I want to quit working and be supported by the government. But no way I could willingly do that.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010