yellowish goo/discharge when I wipe TMI

I am 11 1/2 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby. For about the past week or so sometimes when I wipe there will be a little bit of yellowish greenish slimy type discharge. It doesn't happen everyday and it's not every time I wipe when it does happen. It's not a lot either, but there will be a little think goo that is yellowish. I called the advice nurse and she made me an appointment for monday to check for infection, but she has got me worried sick now. Has anyone had this? What was it? Could it be nothing? It doesn't burn when I pee or anything, its just the occasional yellowish when I wipe, I always have the normal white/clear discharge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If there is an odor then its an infection. The color does not always mean anything. Dont worry at all! If its an infection youll get an antibiotic and itll go away. I had BV like 5 times when i was pregnant. No clue why but i did and it wasnt a big deal. Def no need to worry about it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Just sounds like an infection of some sort!! Don't worry about the pregnancy so much, everything will be fine!! They will probably just do a pelvic exam, run a few labs and then put you on some antibiotics!! As long as there is no blood don't worry about your baby!! Good Luck! :)
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If it was anythign to be concerned about then the nurse would have told you to go to the ER. Relax, all sorts of fun yeast and urinary tract infections come up in pregnancy and you may never have obvious symptoms. Its likely an infection and normal antibiotics are totally ok for baby.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 12:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2010