If I go into a ER will they be able to check on my unborn baby?

Ok so I am already 6 1/2 months pregnant and have only been to a doctor once for the baby. My insurance wouldn't cover my maturnaty care and I couldn't afford to pay for a doctor. so I was fighting with my insurance which finally got cancled. I lost my house, my husband left me, and I lost my job. I finally went down and applied for medicad but its going to take 30-45 days for it to go through and I can't find a obgyn who will see me on pending medicad. My question is can I just go to an ER and have them just check on the baby to make sure the babys doing ok? Because I don't have to pay unfront if I go to the ER, and I don't have any money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• u could and u will most likly get medicad which goes back to the last 90 days after u are aproved in iowa u have alot on ur plate u can tell them u are worried cause of all ur stress...
    is the baby still kicking u good??
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If yoy have a Health Dept.in your area they may be able to help you.
    Maggie652

Answer by Maggie652 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

Maggie652

Answer by Maggie652 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• also, if you have a planned parenthood, or a care net near you, you pay by income,no income=free
    colesmommy02

Answer by colesmommy02 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• go to a temp service for a job. Find a low-income apartment. I live in a 2bedroom and pay nothing because I'm not working right now except on the weekends and make good money then with my husband (at fleamarkets) When I work, it's based on what I make. I'm pretty sure all states have low-income (income based) apartments and ur pregnant. The fleamarket thing I do is under the table cause its outside even being inside would be the same, I buy and resell for more, it's nice. why did ur husband leave u?? he dont care about the baby?
    Anonymous

• yes they will!ER cant deny you attention especially being pregnant!just tell them you havent been to the doc but once and you feel like someting isnt right!that you need to check on your baby and make sure its okay!!hell even make up something!!tell them your having pains!theyll get you in in 2 minutes that way!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 12:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I would wait or go to planned parenthood. As far as going to the ER and saying your in pain they will know that your not as soon as they take your blood pressure. I also know that our local ER docs are not allowed to perform any medical procedures(exclluding temp, blood pressure ect.)(unless life threatening) on pregnant woman by the orders of the local OBGYN. If its something major he is called in immediately if it can wait you are either sent home to make appointment or amitted.

Anonymous

• im surprised that medicaid takes so long to go thru and r u sure that obs wont take u on pending mediciad? mine would because for a lot of baby doctors u dont pay them even for visits until after u deliver they just add it all up (and send it to medicaid in our cases) the ER probably would be able to help but make sure u wont owe anything before u even sign the papers cuz i've seen ERs really stick it to u in owing money even if u have insurance. good luck
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008