What side effects did you suffer with a tubal ligation? or did you suffer any at all?

I've got it scheduled and I'm doing my research. I've never been one to shy away from something because of possible side effects but I've never had surgery before so I'm a little more nervous than usual. I've done a lot of reading about possibilities but nothing I've found has any numbers/statistics.

If you had a tubal and didn't suffer any side effects, I'd like to know that as well.

sillyt

Asked by sillyt at 5:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• Go in with a positive attitude and you'll be fine. Mine Tubal went smoooothly :) I wish you the same :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I had no side effects whatsoever, except peace of mind!

Answer by older at 5:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I had one, and they only side affect has been the freedom to enjoy making love to my husband without worry!! I had it 19 years ago, and I'm so glad that we made the decision to do it!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I had mine done almost 9 years ago.. The first day of my period is bad with the cramps but my period only lasts like 3 days :) I have not noticed anything some of the research says. I would do it all over again.

To decrease the cramps I start taking midol about 2 days before I am due to start, it helps alot.. I am also very regular so I know when I will start each month :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Google PTLS. I know many women on here that suffer from it. However, I have not had any side effects...but I had Essure instead of the traditional tubal ligation.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i had post tubal ligation syndrome... my symptoms led to 2 more surgeries and then a total hysterectomy... from time of tubal to hysterectomy was 20 months...
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 3:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2010